We love narrating audiobooks but not every aspect of our job is easy or fun. Some things are just hard. Here, we discuss a few of the trickier aspects of managing our own narration businesses. This one hour group class was recorded on zoom.
In this class, you'll learn...
- How to handle nasty, negative reviews
- How to handle nit-picky publishers and authors
- How to handle the rate negotiation for your work and how to respond when an author doesn't want to pay what you're worth
- How to recover when you started out with "junk" books and learned the hard way when entering the business.
- How to deal with illness or have an unexpected delay.
"Hoo-boy, I didn't think I needed this session until suddenly I *really* needed this session. Thanks for having this available - it helped me navigate a very difficult exchange with a right's holder with grace, and sort out my own feelings on the matter as well." - Carrie Coello, Audiobook Narrator