Emily has narrated over 350 audiobooks, including for Macmillan Audio, Penguin Random House, Simon and Schuster, Harper Collins, and many others. She mostly records from her home studio, but can also record at studios in Los Angeles and occasionally New York.
Scroll down for accent demos.
Emily Lawrence delivers Craig's glittering debut with thoughtful precision, allowing the audio's unsettling atmosphere to come to the forefront... Lawrence fully inhabits Annaleigh's steely character... She ably captures Annaleigh's warring emotions.
- AudioFile Magazine review of "The House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig, published by
Penguin Random House.
At first, Lawrence's voice is quiet, but as Sharon comes into herself, it becomes stronger, overflowing with rage and hope.
- AudioFile Magazine review of Music from Another World by Robin Talley, Published by Harlequin Audio.
Lawrence's voice reflects Elle's anger in tones that range from cruel sarcasm to cold and calculating... Lawrence captures the building suspense that is the driving force of this novel... neither the narrator nor the author spare listeners from the story's emotional intensity.
- AudioFile Magazine review of Foul is Fair by Hannah Capin, published by Macmillan Audio
Emily Lawrence delivers this slow burn teen romance in a cool tone... Lawrence fills the dialogue with personality and passion. The characters have a complexity that makes them satisfyingly realistic, owing equally to the writing and the narration.
- AudioFile Magazine review of August and Everything After by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski, published by Tantor Audio.
Lawrence’s voice is sweet and sassy for Annie, and she tops if off with an upbeat twang that exudes bubbly Southern charm.
- AudioFile Review of You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn, published by Macmillan Audio
Emily is adept at learning accents. Accents already used in her narrations: General American, New York, Southern, Texan, British (RP and Cockney), French, Russian, Irish, Greek, Indian, German, Yiddish, Israeli, Egyptian, Turkish, Hispanic, Italian, Australian, Polish, and Romanian.